1. What does USSD stand for and what does it do?
USSD is an acronym to mean Unstructured Supplementary Service Data.
A USSD code is an interactive and menu-based app that is supported on nearly every mobile phone i.e smartphones and feature phones. We mainly use it to check mobile airtime, data balance enquiries, banking, make mobile money transactions and more.
2. How do I use USSD code *280#?
To use the code *280#, all you need to do is get a mobile device, dial the code *280# to access the menu.
3. What is *280# USSD used for?
The *280# short code is purely dedicated to healthcare under Rocket Health. All you need to do is get a mobile phone, dial *280# and access the menu.
4. What services are under the *280# menu?
- Doctor Consultations
- Laboratory Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Clinic Services
- Subscription offer
5. Do I need to download any application to use a USSD code?
There’s no need for you to download an application. You can access USSD services by dialling *280# and a session will commence.
6. Why should I use *280#?
- It is quick and simple to memorise
- Does not require an internet connection
- Works across all mobile devices i.e smartphones, tablets and feature phone
- Service is available to use on MTN and Airtel networks
- No need to install any application on a mobile phone to use the service.
7. How secured is Rocket Health USSD in regards to Healthcare?
Rocket Health USSD is secured and enables a more convenient and quick way to access HealthCare using a mobile phone while on the move.
8. What are the services available on the USSD?
- Doctor consultation
- Pharmacy services
- Laboratory services
9. Do I need to subscribe to Rocket Health to use *280#?
You don’t need a subscription to use *280#. The service is available for everyone as long as they have a mobile device and are within the boundaries of Uganda.
10. How can I pay for the order made through *280#?
You can use mobile money to pay for the services under the *280# menu. Once a request is made, wait for a pop-up message from your mobile money service provider, enter your pin to approve the payment. The service is currently supported by MTN and Airtel networks.
11. Will I be charged for using the *280# USSD?
All interactions on *280# are entirely free. You will only be charged for requests and orders made through the code.
12. Can I use my insurance cover to access Rocket Health Services when I dial *280#?
Yes, you can!
The service supports the use of medical insurance by UAP Old Mutual, Jubilee, ICEA, Prudential, Liberty, Sanlam, AAR and GA Insurance. When you choose the option for consultation, select your insurance service provider, submit your insurance member ID and wait for the Doctor to call you back.
For more information, contact our customer support team on 0800277015 (toll-free)