Job Title: Medical Doctor
Reporting to: Clinical Manager
Duty Station: Kampala
Job Type: Part time
Responsible for handling client interactions seeking health information and consultation via the chat, voice, video calls and clinic visits for the purpose of symptom assessment, diagnosis, treatment, wellness promotion, referral and counselling. The role will also include use of an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system for data collection and reporting, health content development and specific project related needs.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Supporting clients to meet their health needs through chat, voice, video and clinic consultations in a timely, articulate, effective and compassionate way.
- Accurately and completely recording every client’s information into an EMR and providing insights for EMR improvements.
- Following up clients to confirm resolution of symptoms, optimal outcomes and detailing of any long term medical care as may be required.
- Ability to carry out minor surgical procedures and family planning techniques.
- Participating in the development of clinical management protocols for common conditions and peer reviewing the quality of clinical care.
- Attending and presenting in Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions.
- Participating in quality assurance evaluations and quality improvement training, clinical team meetings and any others designated.
- Submission of shift and monthly reports as required by management
- To perform any other appropriate tasks assigned from time to time related to the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Medicine and Surgery.
- A valid annual practicing license with the Uganda Medical And Dental Practitioners Council.
- At least 2 years’ experience of clinical practice.
Job Skills and Person specifications
- Must have a good clinical acumen.
- Proficiency with computers and technology such as typing, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web, email, social media and search engines.
- Excellent telephone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and accomplish tasks within the required time frame.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information and able to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise good and quick judgment, show initiative and proactivity.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- High attention to detail.
- Creativity and innovation.
*This position may include work outside routine hours
- Team player
- Detailed oriented
- Strong work ethic